Museo de Ciencias - Caracas
The Science Museum is the oldest in the country, was established on October 28, 1875. It is a foundation of the Venezuelan State, whose mission is to evaluate and communicate knowledge to the Venezuelan people, promoting social inclusion, participation protagonist and the exercise of citizenship.
The Science Museum researches, preserves and custody scientific heritage of the country in their collections that reach approximately 200 thousand pieces, with the assets in the country in science. This heritage is the scope of the Venezuelan people to our exhibitions and events, which over the country, providing various public knowledge.
The Science Museum of Caracas is the only one of its kind at the national policy with a strategic presence throughout the country. We are the cultural institution that serves the entire country with the goal of building with the participation of all a new awareness and ownership of various forms of knowledge and promote the social value of science, scientific and cultural heritage and our history Venezuelan.
Throughout the year the museum offers a comprehensive program of activities and services that complement the exhibitions, supporting formal education and generate interesting alternative learning and entertainment:
- Guided tours for individuals and groups (every day, booking)
- Workshops and scientific demonstrations on weekends especially for family audiences, in continuous session.
- Cycles of lectures, talks, seminars and discussions on scientific topics of public interest.
- Holidays with science courses holiday for children and youth.
- Projections continuous video documentary and fiction in our Audiovisual Room.
- Support for the teacher: Teachers Network Friends of the Museum, workshops and information via the Internet.
- Documentation Centre Walter Dupouy for consultation and hemerográfica literature.
- Consulting in the areas of Museography, preventive maintenance and organizing collections
- Space rental for special events.
Museo de Ciencias:
Plaza de los Museos; Parque Los Caobos; Caracas- Venezuela
Estación de Metro Bellas Artes
Phones: 58 (0212) 577-57-86 /5094/ 5103 /6847
Fax: 58 (0212) 573-23-68 /571-12-65
Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. -- 5:00 PM
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: 10:30 am-6: 00 pm (Run time)
General Admission Free
Free guided tour
MUSEUM AND SIGHTSEEING
CHURCHES AND TEMPLES